Ayurveda suggests the consumption of copper treated water for its healing and nourishing properties. Copper is an essential mineral required for the proper functioning of the body but cannot be synthesized by it. If you look up on the internet you will find various benefits of drinking copper treated water. One such benefit is of helping women through pregnancy and nourishing the growing baby.
But the question is how does it help with pregnancy?
Well, this is how copper helps pregnant women during this beautiful but excruciating journey.
- Copper is an essential mineral required for the production of new red blood cells. It has the potency to keep up with the apt number of blood cells required for the expecting mother and the growing baby.
- Copper deficiency in pregnant women may lead to health issues such as fatigue, hair loss, diarrhea, edema, etc. in the first few months post delivery.
- Copper is also crucial for the proper blood circulation in the body. Expecting women need more oxygen and thus a constant flow of blood is required to be maintained. Lack of copper may hinder this practice thus affecting the health of the mother and the child adversely.
These are some of the small ways in which copper would affect the body of an expecting mother. But apart from these, there are other health benefits of drinking from a copper water bottle during pregnancy as well, such as:
- No chances of catching water-borne diseases– Copper has naturally occurring oligodynamic properties which means it is capable of killing most common types of harmful bacteria and microbes present in the water. Storing and drinking water from a copper tumbler eliminates the chances of getting infected by any water borne diseases.
- Enhances the functioning of the thyroid gland– Copper is required for maintaining a balance between estrogen and progesterone. Zinc in the common element found in the medicines for hypothyroidism. On the other hand maintaining a balance between sufficient amount of copper and zinc is also important. Deficiency of copper in expecting mothers often lead to thyroid issues which can easily be managed with drinking copper treated water regularly.